A Favourite

RED-NAVY-1

This is probably my favourite vintage dress and I didn't even buy it online. I found this beauty while browsing a local vintage shop, they were having a 50% off sale and I thought I wasn't going to find anything I really wanted.  I spotted a 50s shirtwaist dress with butterflies in autumn colours. They dress fit but funds were low and I was running late to meet a friend for  lunch.

RED-NAVY-DUO

Well my goodness after telling my friend about the dress and showing her a picture, we decided we had to go back and get it. As I was about to leave I saw this beauty hanging on the wall as a display and asked the owner if it was on sale, it was. yippee. BUT I was doubtful that it would fit but to my surprise it fit perfectly. Now it pretty much is my favourite dress. I even cried (kind of) when the shoulder ripped a bit :(, but quickly sent it to get fixed. I paired it with my thick knitted cropped sweater that I thrifted a couple of years ago. Why is it so hard to find cardigans that are either cropped or waist length? Im always searching for the perfect cardigan.

RED-NAVY-2

Well I'm off to enjoy some oranges with dark chocolate sauce and a cup of tea. Mmmm I hope you all have a lovely week. :) Oh Happy Valentines Day. :)


9 comments:

  1. Now that is a show-stopping vintage frock if ever there was one. What a stellar find! I love it too and think it looks absolutely, flat out gorgeous on you.

    Happiest Valentine's Day wishes, sweet gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have to restrain myself from wearing it everyday. :) I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day. :)

      Delete
  2. Adorable dress!

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous dress! The print is just stunning :)
    xox,
    Cee
    PS: Love your new blog name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I felt like a change and I think it suits me much more now. :)

      Delete
  4. this dress is a total stunner! i love everything about it!
    wow, a new blog name ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I think my other name just wasn't quite right. :)

      Delete
  5. Omg this dress! THIS dress is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete